AnxietyAlthough often unpleasant, it is natural to feel some anxiety from time to time. These feelings usually pass quite quickly, however, if the anxiety is overwhelming or persistent it can feel very difficult to function fully in day-to-day life. You may even experience panic, where you feel fearful, overwhelmed and out of control.
It's usual to exerience one or more of the following if you're struggling with anxiety:
- Palpitations, sweating, tension, inability to swallow, nervous stomach,
- jelly legs, headaches, hyperventilation, shaking, frequent need to urinate,
- dry mouth, chest pains, feeling nauseated and fast breathing.
You may also experience alternative or additional signs of anxiety such as one or more of the following signs below:
- Obsessive thinking, inability to relax, thinking you are going 'mad' or losing control,
- Negative thinking, catastrophising, perfectionism, worrying about what you think will happen in future situations or about what people will think,
- feeling you might die e.g. you may think you are about to have a heart attack, vomit, faint or become ill,
- hypervigilance (feeling on edge and very alert to everything around you), feeling things are accelerating or decelerating, and
- a feeling of wanting to avoid things or run away.
I offer anxiety counselling from peaceful, pleasant and confidential rooms in both Holloway and Highbury & Islington in North London.
To discuss your circumstances, to find out more about Islington Counselling or to book an appointment, please call 07714 028837 or request a call-back by clicking here.