Online TherapyI offer online therapy (english language only) to clients in the UK and all over the world. Online therapy is where you receive your counselling session via secure and encrypted end-to-end online videoconference call with me, rather than face-to-face in the therapy room. Online counselling is an effective mode of therapy that can mean that you have regular access to a safe and confidential counselling space through particular circumstances such as:
- If you live in an area where there is little of your preferred type of counselling support or no formal welfare system
- If you're a British ex-pat overseas
- if you are experiencing a health or psychological condition which prevents you from physically attending your counselling sessions in person
- if you have a changeable schedule due to work commitments or due to responsibilities such as being a full-time carer
Online therapy can potentially be more time efficient and cost-effective that attending face-to-face sessions. An example of this is that it can give you an opportunity to save money on travel time and travel costs which you might otherwise be paying if you were attending face-to-face sessions.
The primary video-conference software used is Jitsi.
What you will need to get started
It is essential that you have the following in place in order to start receiving online therapy:
- A regular, safe and confidential space indoors to talk where you cannot be overheard or interrupted
- a full videocall therapy assessment with me
- The abiity to make secure payments online via my PayPal portal
- Reliable internet access
- A mobile device, tablet, laptop or PC which has a webcm and micorphone facility
There will be some circumstances where I am unable to provide online counselling support as this may not be the right level of support for you, as your wellbeing is of primary importance. If I am unable to offer support, I am happy to try and signpost you onto a service that may be better suited to help you if this is available.
To find out more, to discuss your circumstances or to book an appointment please click here.